6.13.2011

cupcakes

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ladies and gents, let me introduce you to my latest obsession (and I apologize in advance if this is giving you majah cravings, which it is, unless you're not normal).
I don't really know how this happened but I became obsessed with the idea of cupcakes and when my sister told me about DC Cupcakes I KNEW I had to try them. Thing is, these cupcakes aren't like the regular cupcakes you buy at your local grocery store, these are the real deal, like my heaven food. 
I passed this obsession onto a friend and we both decided: it was time to turn our dreams into reality. SO we went to the store and got a dozen cupcakes. Yes, you heard that right. They were gone in a matter of hours (you can see in the photos that I had to stop myself from eating all of them because I needed to take some pictures to share with ya).
If you live/come to DC, do yourself a favor and take a trip to Georgetown Cupcakes. It's much more interesting than the Natural History museum. 
Oh and make sure you try the red velvet cupcake. My personal favourite.
If my pictures haven't convinced you, try this video.

31 comments:

Liesl said...

I Heart Cupcakes! I have yet to try the DC ones, but I will be sure to this summer while I'm in the area and I love Georgetown!

Liesl :)

Kate said...

Oh my gosh! Im having serious cravings right now. Those look delicious.

www.saffakate.blogspot.com

CJ said...

We have a great little cupcake place here in Iowa too. And there really is no comparison to little cupcake places like that! They are simply the best. These look so delicious. Red velvet cupcakes are sooo good. I’m incredibly jealous that you got all these!

Gentri said...

YU-U-MY!!

♥ Nadine said...

Haha, yes. That's what I wanted to say: Y.U.M.M.Y ...

:)

LeahSephira said...

oh cupcakes... Now I am really craving for some sugar.
(Fear not craving I have watermelon)

Super nice pictures also :3

xx Seph

Sailor July said...

Oh my gosh! That chocolate one! Om nom nom!!! I've never had red velvet ANYTHING. Cake, cupcake, etc. I must try some!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for making me super hungry and crave cupcakes I can't have. haha! ;)

Taylor said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! This weekend we drove an hour out of our way just for cupcakes! That's what I call cray-zay. Or obsessive. Or need to be put in the looney bin. Or cupcake rehab.

That is all.

Unknown said...

UGH I just went on the Sprinkles website to see what their flavors today were because your post has made me want a cupcake SO BAD!

MG said...

you are a biotch for posting this...lol. is this on your diet? i just ate HALF a freaking pie...ugh. there goes the cleanse!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOWEE!!! I am pinning for this for sure!!!

Unknown said...

ugh...dinner is in the pot-- and now i have the munchies for something sweet...is it okay to have dessert, then dinner, then dessert again?:)

looks absolutely scrumptious!

xo

Unknown said...

I LOVE GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES!!! There is seriously nothing better! I love DC.

Alivia said...

Oh I am so mad at you for making me CRAVE cupcakes (not really at all, haha!) AH I loved the video, too. So funny :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

oh yum. i love cupcakes and these look way delish!!

and yeah for a new blog posts!! made me happy, friend. :)

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

Mmmmm. Red velvet it always my fav, from pretty much anywhere. Happy to have a post from you!

Alex Byer said...

Nom nom nom love me some Georgetown Cupcakes. They're the best :)

Olivia.Dee said...

we'll be in DC in October... this place is DEFINITELY on my itinerary!

Laura Wynn said...

Wow! These are GORGEOUS! Now I'll have to plan a whole trip around these babies! Looks amazing, and the show looks rad too ;)

Laura Gerencser said...

Those look SO good!!

Lynnette said...

Yum!
http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

those look amazing! I am drooling.... now I have an incredible urge to bake some cupcakes. I need to just go to bed before I actually do it :)

Maria said...

So jealous! I wish I lived around here so I could try them!

Miyan said...

yes! i saw them on oprah, they are way cute and talented. these look delish! have one for me :))

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Kelley @ Kelley Maria said...

Those.look.delish. Too bad I live waaay too far away to get my hands on those.

Just found your blog & love it!

Gertrude said...

Oh gosh these look so good!

Shay said...

Would it be weird if I took a trip to DC JUST for the cupcakes? Cause I will. And please blog more. Thanks!

Renée said...

Okay, I just died. Those cupcakes look heavenly!!!! And it's 10:30 at night and now I'm craving one! Craps!

Jean said...

if you live in georgetown you know that Baked and Wired is a much better cupcake shop. plus you don't have to deal with the ridiculously long lines! seriously try them next time!! :)

Mary Lynn said...

Agreed totally. My husband and I love these cupcakes!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS