I get a lot of Formspring questions and emails about how I got this ombré-hair look and I've said (about a million years ago) that I would do a post about it and well, there ya have it!
And it's only the beginning. That's right yall! This is a remix. Lemme just explain things a little. When I say "in reverse" it's because I'm not going to do anything to my hair ends (aka dip them in bleach), I'll just dye the top part of my hair; I'm still debating whether or not I want to lighten my ends a little. Oh and it's "Part I" because I'll do another post with a precise step-by-step on what I did to get my ends light and what products I use to make my hair not look like hay yada yada yada. That post will be live next Monday!
Anyway, this is super simple as you will see and the one trick that I really insist on is ALWAYS brush in/massage your hair dye into both parts of your hair. So for example, if you're bleaching your ends, make sure you brush your hair (while bleach is on) to create nuance (NOT contrast). You want to have a smooth transition between the darkest part of your hair, to the lightest. That obviously goes for when you're doing the opposite (what I'm doing in this video).
The dye I used was the Nice'n'Easy Colorblend Technology in 114 light ash brown but it came out a little lighter than I wanted it to. The reason why I got the "ash" one is because I'm kind of terrified of reddish tones. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on a lot of people, but me, I just like cooler tones. So if you want cool tones instead or warm ones, get any dye that says "ash" or "neutral" OR "cool"!
Another recommendation: OILY HAIR. Makes the dye grab on a loooot better.
Last but not least, I look completely possessed in the video; I didn't want to make it last forever so I just sped it up to the max and it's like three minutes of condensed face twitches. So. Watch the video at your own risk!
Also, you get to see my funny accent! You can make fun of that too. It's totally cool.
(Oh and I haven't completely mastered this video-editing business so apologies for the quality & for it looking so bright.)
Tada!

15 comments:
wow, your hair is amazingly gorgeous!
I love it! Makes me want to do my own next time instead of going to the salon.
oh my gosh you have the cutest accent! :)
and pretty hair :)
Great post! Love your hair!
xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com
I love that video. :) Do you think ombré hair will look good on shoulder-length hair? Hmmm...
What's the music, btw?
Here's to a happy week. xo.
awesome ombre!
Cute video! I think when my hair grows out again, I may try this. Though my skin is really fair and I'm not sure how it would look with my coloring. Thanks again for posting this!
haha that was SO awesome!! props to you for doing it yourself AND posting that awesome vid. You're adorable! I think I'm going to have to show my hairdresser to get the effect next time :)
P.S. what song was playing in the video? i loveeee it!
Looove it! I'm waiting for my hair to grow out just a little more and then it'll be ombre ready! And you BET i'll be back here watching this vid!
<3
Love the accent! Ugh I wish I had one :(
Love the hair :) came out great!
XX-Myrna
http://mybeatboutique.blogspot.com
love your hair - and you are too cute, lula dearest!
Love this! However I don't know if I'd be game enough to try it on myself! Loved the vid - especially the music. What song is that? :)
i like your voice and your hair is great! :DD
i never expected you to sound like that at all! you're cute though, don't worry :) awesome hair and awesome tutorial.
Your hair looks awesome! You also have the cutest accent ever!!!
Post a Comment