Let's vent a little, shall we? Or rather, let ME vent a little. These last days have been mighty, powerfully stressful. I'm usually never one to stress out about things too much, I just have this good (and bad) way of channeling stress into something else. I don't really tell myself to do it, it just happens naturally, which is honestly kind of nice. But lately. Oyyyy. These nerves have gotten the best of me. I definitely feel the pressure at school with finals and last projects and even though I'm 120% dedicated to what I do, I kind of want to tear my hair out.
The other night at two in the morning I was working on a graphic design project (which, by the way, I had been working on for about four hours) and all of a sudden, kaboom. My kind of apocalypse: Photoshop dies. Photoshop doesn't auto save. Photoshop lost all my work. It hurts. I went into angry Hulk mode/hormonal pregnant woman for an hour and was this close to throwing my computer in the toilet. But that would've been awkward.
I had to re-do all my work but it wasn't as good as my first batch of designs which really drove me insane. I woke up the next morning with swollen eyes, still feeling completely frustrated AND nervous about other classes. Let me just tell you, I went through my highschool years like a breeze, just 'chillen' most of the time.. So these kind of nerves are NOT easy to deal with. I just feel like going to the vet and ask for horse tranquilizers. Or throw back one or two or five tequila shots. And just so you know, I don't own any horses.
I thought my 11-hour day at school would only get worse but it took a surprisingly happy turn with a few little things.
- Tweeting about my bouncy stress levels (I'm officially that kind of Tweeter,ew) and getting nice and funny replies from some badass ladies; Liz from SRSLYLIZ, Elise from Blowfish Shoes, Alivia from Brunch in April and Eliesa from Good Day, Sunshine .
- Taking a gingerbread latte break. I do like you sometimes, Starbucks.
- Getting the best compliment ever from my graphic design teacher that meant the absolute world to me. I'm still giggling about that. Five days later.
- Opening an email from a lovely girl saying that her Christmas present was going to be a blog design done by me. Didn't that make me shed a tear or two.
- And then just thinking of my trip to Lisbon (which is THIS FRIDAY) and how I'll get to see all my best friends and family and how lucky I am to be able to do so! Wooooo.
Stress = pshhh, what are you talking about. Gone with the wind.
Point of my story = I'm still stressed.
Kidding. I do, however, have absolutely no idea how in this world I'll have time to pack and not forget things. God help me. I'm going to turn my bedroom upside down. Updates on Instagram.
Kidding. I do, however, have absolutely no idea how in this world I'll have time to pack and not forget things. God help me. I'm going to turn my bedroom upside down. Updates on Instagram.
The cheesy (but honest) point I'm trying to make is that you might think you're having the worst day ever (although mine was in NO way a tragedy) but you'll most likely have good things to be happy about.
Just measure it in inches.
Plus, Frankie did say "relax", so... do it.
Just measure it in inches.
Plus, Frankie did say "relax", so... do it.
Cheers!

20 comments:
I'm do glad that it ended up being a good day and not a stressful one! :)
I'm do glad that it ended up being a good day and not a stressful one! :)
I'm glad your day turned around and you could turn it into a comical post in the end! Haha. I love your positive attitude :)
I'm glad your day got better. I have had my stressful moments with photoshop crashing as well. Worst feeling ever!
xo L.
This was such a great post - I've been really getting stressed with just about everything so I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
And Starbucks does always help. X
Yay to the compliment from your teacher, you so deserve it, cuz you are amazingly talented, girl! Glad everything turned out good after all, I know those kind of days very well! Have a super duper trip to Lisbon! xxx
Girl, you can do it! I know the feeling of a stress- and exhaustion- induced meltdown. Sucks.
But luckily you're a hard working super woman, so there's that.
xoxo
I'm glad everything turned out fine :). Everyone who designs passes through these kinds of "Photoshop, Y U NO LOVE ME?" moments sometimes. It's a talent to be able to not stress yourself with situations like these. A superpower I'd say hehehe :)
xoxo from Brazil
Gabi Barbará
http://barbaridadesdabarbarah.blogspot.com
<3!!!!!
Dude, when Photoshop fails it's the WORST! Props for still finishing all the stuff you needed to get done!
YOU CAN DO IT!
Honestly, just from reading your blog [and tweets yes] it's obvious you're SO insanely hard working! Try not to stress TOO much - cause you're capable of handling everything!
Even though you have no idea how you're going to finish things, keep this in mind: it ALWAYS gets done! You always finish what you need to, and you're not stopping now! :)
GOOOOOOO LULA!
Hit me up absolutely anytime if you need a venting buddy! <3
-Elise
[www.blowfishshoes.com]
We all have days like that. I'm glad you found things to make you smile. Smiling and laughing are the most important!
Ah! That is exactly how I feel! Finals week is the worst... Now if only I could find some positivity like u did...;)
glad that everything turned out okay! hang in there, friend. :) love ya!
Finals are almost over!!! Starting Friday you will be with your friends and family and lovingggg life.
xoxo
ally
you are so so funny!! I'm sorry that life has been so stressful! And I'm so sorry that your photoshop died and didn't save your work! yikes! I can't even imagine! But way to go for being so optimistic :)
Ok srsly, WHY DOESN'T PHOTOSHOP AUTOSAVE?! Such a flaw in design {ironic, eh?}
I'm glad I was able to cheer you up at least<3
aghh im stressed just thinking about that kind of day! Hope this week turns around for you!
xxx
i know exactly how you feel. but so sweet about the christmas present thing! and your teacher's compliment :) i'm glad it worked out. and seriously, lisbon in less than 3 days? you must be over the moon :)
HAHA WORD MO FO. jai litteralement plus envie de me plaindre en lisant ta vie. fack i miss high school litteralement cetait genre " oh jai pas revise a ok cool jai eu 15" maintenant cest comme jai revise, jai pas dormi, je me suis pas douche et jai un D. YAY PORTUGAL
Hope you're feeling better now L! x
Post a Comment