9.19.2011

Blogger protocol: the Emmy's best

Photobucket
Oh the Emmys were a fun show. I thought nothing would beat Ricky Gervais' Emmys but I was wrong. Props to Jane Lynch! I was probably laughing the whole time she was on stage. Plus, their sketches were supah cool.
What I found to be a little "blah" were the dresses. Among all the actresses that attended the show, five made my "top" list. And even that was hard.
Here are MY nominees for best dressed from the ones I liked less to the ones I liked more.

Photobucket
I had to have a number five and Julie Bowen was it. But still, I thought her dress was a little on the "blah" side.
Photobucket
I've always liked Julia Stiles. I mean, she did play Kat in 10 Things I hate about You, which was probably one of my favourite childhood movies.
Photobucket
Jennifer Carpenter played Emily Rose and I always have troubled looking at her when she's not having a seizure or eating spiders off the ground. But alas. You have to admit, she looked prettay hot.
Photobucket
So. I learned yesterday that this little number was going to be a new 'Angel' in the new Charlie's Angel's ABC series and I was not happy. Nobody messes with Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore.
Photobucket
And KABOOM. There you have it. My winner. I saw that she ended up on a few "worst dressed" list and I couldn't disagree more. I thought she was the ONLY one who really brought it. 
Plus, she just.doesn't.get.old. It's like she's stuck in her Great Expectations role.
Photobucket

12 comments:

isa said...

Pois é, que razão que você tem, ela continua girissima and "classy". E estava linda de morrer em "Great Expectations".

Shay said...

You cracked me up with the doesnt get old comment- so true! They all looked great and I am so happy to be catching up on your blog!

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

great line-up! i pretty much loved anything glittery and neutral. i also loved lea michelle's dress and i normally don't like her style - but the back of it won me over!

Ana said...

I agree with you! And did you see how many red dresses? I think red dress + red carpet can be overkill sometimes. Anyway, I like Minka's dress! That's pretty without showing too much!

Have a great week!

Meredith Paige said...

I'm loving this post because I missed the Emmys--how I did that I'll never know. Agreed that Gwyneth never gets old!! Seriously--lucky gal!

I love your blog and will be following for sure. Have a wonderful day!

http://mplusbdiaries.blogspot.com/

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i love gwynie!

Laura Gerencser said...

I love 10 Things I hate About you!!

isavirtue said...

wow, i can't believe how how jennifer carpenter looks? juliana m. looked so uncomfortable though!

ashley said...

I missed the Emmy's-- so sad!!! My fav part is swooning over all the dresses!

Miyan said...

i love jennifer's dress & did you know she's marrier to dexter?? did you watch the series, it was so weird them acting together as brother and sister....

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

♥ Nadine said...

Ah, Gwyneth. I loved her outfit as well. At first I was like What the what? But I guess, all these "Tracy-Anderson-seven-days-a-week-3-hours-a-day" workouts are really paid off, not?

She is one hot mama. :)

jackie said...

no no no! her boobs look super droopy and i could do without the awkward high midriff exposure. i love her and her awesome comeback lately, but i do not approve of this little number. minka kelly deserves the win.

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS