Well hello! Holy moly me oh my, seems like I haven't been here in ages. Sorry if I haven't answered all of your comments, I've been busy doing other things, like getting my Etsy shop started (among other things), yes that's right my very own little shop, so as soon as I get the chance I'll do a major blog hop. I'm not sure that's the correct term for what I'm trying to say. I actually just Googled it and didn't find a proper definition but instead I found a whole dictionary for blogging terms on Wikipedia. Did you know that actually existed? Brilliant. We're so important that they even made a dictionary for us! (If you're curious just click here.)
Shizah I'm wandering further away from the point I want to get to. Again. As you may have notice, I have a little gift for you awesome awesome readers! First giveaway EVER woohoo. Excited much? Heck, I am! So, first things first. I just want to be clear about something. I wanted this giveaway to be open to anyone, readers as well as non-readers, because I don't like the idea of sorta coercing people into following my blog. After much serious consideration, this idea of letting absolutely anyone enter the giveaway began to feel a little wrong. Wouldn't it be unfair if a non-reader won the giveaway? I think it's only fair that one of you more-than-awesome, loyal readers won it because YOU (you know who you are) deserve it. It's kinda like a reward I guess.
Conditions:
This giveaway will run until January 21th
Giveaway is open internationally
You MUST be a follower of Lulapalooza
You MUST be a follower of Lulapalooza
Winner will be contacted by email
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So for now this giveaway will be open to readers exclusively, and the "conditions" will remain as they are until I hear back from you! If you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot them at me! Don't forget to leave your email!
Oh, and BY THE WAY, this is a real Burberry perfume, not a Chinatown one, just in case you were wondering! Don't get me wrong I love fake cheap stuff but I'd rather give you the real deal.
Read this also! Sephora.com describes the perfume:
Burberry Classic
Since its launch in 1996, Burberry Classic has become a classic. Fresh and clean, with an ephemeral harmony somewhere between sparkle and calm. In ivory packaging lined with the Burberry plaid, the bottle is a contemporary pebble-shaped design.
Notes:
Black Currant, Green Apple, Peach, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Cedar, Vanilla.
Style:
A clean and sensual fragrance.
YA DIG?
54 comments:
If it was my giveaway I would do it to the "followers" only, since most probably they are the ones who are reading the posts, commenting etc. But on the other hand you're right, I really don't like it when people just follow for the sake of the giveaway.
Oh I didn't know that dictionary existed!! Haha!
Such a nice giveaway by the way :)
gertrude.aquilina7@gmail.com
great giveaway! i would keep it to your followers as those are your most loyal fans.
and i do think you should get extra entries if you put it up on your blog. also, you should create a button for the giveaway so people can post it up on their blog! :)
kileen[at]gmail[dot]com
Hey this is great.. I can smmell it as you give it away..
This give away is such a cute thought, and a wonderful prize. The perfume sounds absolutely delish. Wow the dictionary, must have a proper nosy at that. Cannot wait to see your etsy shop too, mega excited.
To answer your questions, I definitely think your give away should be for your readers, as It is annoying when people just follow for the gift, but then again you could be gaining genuine followers? I guess go with your gut instinct. I also think it is a good idea about the triple entry, but I agree with the above comment about making a button? would be much more accessible.
keep the blogging up
love it.
xxx
thats awesome that your gonna open up shop. thats good on ya. keep it up
Thank you for the link. Probably more useful to me than the perfume. Like all Nietzsche fans I like to sniff my own armpits.
You need contact details so maybe make it email-based.
Great Giveaway. Oh how I love me some Burberry scent. mmmm ;)
I think the giveway should just be for your loyal readers!
btw I awarded you the stylish blogger award on my blog. ;)
per your request lovely my email is : r1sweetworld@yahoo.com.
you're a generous blogger!! I'm digging... to answer your question, if it was my give away I would do followers "only," just because they're the only ones who probably read the blog on a regular basis.
my email is dpaulino_6848@ric.edu
xoxo
hey my email is cherrycherryboomboom
KIDIDNG omd lul c tellement excitant toute cette vieeee jvais pas enter parce que ca serai vraiment unfair si je gagnais c cm BFF LOVIN par cntre jaimerais bien que tu me giveaway ta lettre que tas ecrit ya cent ans JUST SAYIN lol lol et en plus jsuis sure que je casserai le parfun sans faire expres ou je l'utiliserai pour enlever l'odeur de teriyaki sur mon canape , ouais quoi?
aussi exciteee que la race pour ton etsy shop je sens que ca va etre LA VIE et litt cest la meilleure idee du monde, juste vend pas tes ray bans, je sais qu'elles sont vintage mais ca serai pas tres gentil quand mm ..
LOVE YOU BFFFFFFFFFF
What a great giveaway! I wanna win! ;)
I would leave it to followers only...they're your true fans, no? & I think that's what most people do.
p.s. I tagged you in my most recent post, get ready to spill some memories. :D
I vote followers only!
By the way, pick me! pick me! Sorry, I totally sound like a whiny child. . .I hope I win!
xoxo
PS- blogging about this soon!
Ok lady I just blogged & tweeted about the giveaway!
I love your blog! I'm a new follower! I don't think there is any problem asking people to follow in order to win a giveaway. It's standard protocol. On a side note I absolutely love your taste and chic taste!
I think it depends on the giveaway. Sometimes it's nice to allow anyone enter...and you can make following an extra entry. That's what I do. Otherwise, you can have certain "follower only" giveaways or "you had to be following BEFORE this post" to enter kind of things if you want to honor old followers.
As for posting about the giveaway...I like that people get more entries, because it's nice of them and it takes time. :)
-Lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com
oh, and if you're looking for PR help for your shop-www.laurenashleybecker.com
I definitely think giveaways should be open to followers only. I think the whole point of a giveaway is to thank your loyal readers. And I think extra entries are always nice for people who take a little extra time to blog or tweet about your giveaway. Maybe not 3x the entries, but at least another entry. Hope this helps.
And thanks for this opportunity! This perfume is one of my favorites. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)
xo, Kels
i like the giveaway being for followers only :) i totally second Kelsey above me!!! Thanks for the giveaway post! You are just the sweetest :)
Yay! I love your blog, and congrats on your first Giveaway, it seems silly but "every blogger dreams of her first giveaway" sigh... lol
-i would certainly keep the giveaway to loyal fans only, they are the ones we write for right?
- i think that you can have people post of their blog about your giveaway, terms are terms right??
Can't wait to hear from you, congrats again! big steps!
In my opinion, giveaways should be for followers only. You're doing this for the people reading your blog and showing you some love, and so it's only fair for someone to win who does that.
And this giveaway is amazing!
LULA, I love your blog, girl! (no, really, I do) && I think it's wonderful your opening up your giveway to non-readers, but I think if you want fair, then that would be to give it to a loyal reader.
&& you should def. have a "share it" button so ppl can post it on their twitter, facebook or blog!!
Kimmayyann(at)gmail(dot)com
oh perfume - i love it, but my allergies sure don't. :( so i dont want to be entered, but just wanted to say what an awesome giveaway!
also just a note, don't forget to check out my giveaway either. it runs until January 25, 2011. tell your friends too!
xoxo
First things first: I just discovered your awesome blog throught he blog FTLOB!! Awesome giveaway you have here - love Burberry perfume!
I have my giveaways for my followers only - I think they deserve it! BTW - I am hosting a giveaway right now - go take a look!
htttp://chrissyinamerica.blogspot.com
Hugs xxx
I would definitely do a giveaway for just readers too! Love your blog and love your style! And love this perfum. I actually had a bottle that just ran out and have been holding off to replenish!
danielle.rogers10@gmail.com
I am a brand new follower (found your site from a pretty penny) so I don't know if saying you should limit it to followers would be hypocritical? :) Anyways, love your blog!
WOW! Burberry is such a nice smell :) I want in on this giveaway! I think for your first ever giveaway you should open it up to your followers and then if all goes well and you do another giveaway, you can open it up more and possibly get more followers :) That's what I would do anyways :) Good luck everyone!!
nadinexadele@gmail.com
@Christie Lynn: of course you can participate! No worries!
Thanks for following my blog and telling me about your giveaway. I think if you didn't tell this "nonreader" about it I wouldn't have found your blog (which I love!) and become a follower (on bloglovin!) then I can enter, but really I can read now and drool over your cute graphics and photos! So thanks for visiting me and Im glad I came over here, too!
Hayley
http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com/
yeah i'd prolly just stick to followers, too.
awesome giveaway!
pick me pick me!! okay okay i know it's random...so come on random.org i will be your best friend forever if you choose me ♥
thanks for this awesome giveaway friend. i agree with your followers here and think the giveaway should be offered to your readers!
thank you for being so kind to give away this lovely perfume. you're the best friend!
lindsay scenicglory@gmail.com
i just found your blog from someone elses and have really been enjoying it! i did not even know there was a giveaway going on when i decided to follow you! fun stuff!
rwvanvoorhis at gmail dot com
hey lula love! thank you so much for visiting my new blog :) it means so much to me, you are the sweetest! and i'm loving this giveaway! consider this my entry ;) i think you should do just followers for this one..these are the people who truly love your blog and follow it so they deserve that exclusivity, you know? but seeing how popular this is getting, you should def do a future one that's opened to everyone! xox!
email: jqbaker112@gmail.com
lovelove!! -Jas
I definitely think you should keep it to just your following fans. :)
Also, I'd love to blog about this to get an extra entry!
This is wonderful, Lula! I think you should keep it open only to followers. :)
What a fancy giveaway. I want to enter because it's FUN and I know it's just weird timing that A Pretty Penny linked to you on the day of your 1st giveaway (which is how I found your blog.
Anyway, I have since spent too much time devouring your style pics (boots!), you are in my Google reader if that counts as following.
Yay, thanks so much for doing this Lula, so exciting! I think followers only is fair- you have a million of us to choose from anyway;-)
lovely giveaway. i would say restrict to followers and commenters!
<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com
Ok so I just started following your blog and decided I am in looove with it. So cute! And amazing photos! I just made my first fashion post. If you wanna check it out its tinacrane.blogspot.com
I am a brand new reader/follower because Ceirra:YellowHouse posted the giveaway on her blog, so yes, blogging about giveaways should be an extra point.
It's six's on whether it's open to everyone or open to followers only. Either way you'll get people who aren't a "true" reader.
I am a new and genuine reader/follower. Excited to read through your archives!
janes211 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Just found your cute blog! I'm defiantly stikin around and not just because of the giveaway. It's defiantly a plus but your blog is way too cute to just pass up. I think giveaways should be just for readers or for people that become new readers. That's just me though!
Blogged about!!!! :)
wow! this is amazing!
I think that a giveaway should be for readers only.
:D
and so now here's my email!
kikkininni@hotmail.it
xo
-Nico-
I say offer it to whomever you please...I'm no help at all :)
But officially a reader now, so consider me entered :)
Ohhhh, this is so exciting! I think it's cool that you're not having any particular "rules" for this giveaway but I agree with most that it should indeed be open to your followers only :P
And I do think it would be fairer if you gave those who posted about this giveaway a few extra points!
But all in all, it's awesome that you're doing this! Count me in! :)
xo
Sealverland
Oooh, lovely! I would do it to followers, only. I´ve been even thinking that for the next giveaway, the "old" followers will get two entries and the new ones just one. The giveaway should be for the readers, not just for everyone...
well.. thats my opinion ;)
Following you on Bloglovin´!
xx
M.
Join my Giveaway and win Lauren Conrad´s Style Book!
Thanks for the comment and for being lucky #3! I'm so excited.
As a new follower, I do believe it's fair to give only to followers. Think about Christmas. Yes, it's lovely to give to strangers. Yet, it's most fun to give to friends and family, to people you cherish, as a way to demonstrate your love and appreciation.
If you want to give extra entries for promos, by all means, give away!
stylecurrent@gmail.com
Love love this giveaway!!! Beijo
Diariodemimgirlchic.blogspot.com
Chic.diariodemim@gmail.com
I like when giveaways are done for readers and followers of you blog. Because then they will have got to know you a little more and receiving the gift will be that much better!
Enter me!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Burberry was the only perfume I wore in college..still love it!
To answer your questions, I do think that only followers should be able to enter giveaways..not just someone stopping by your blog to win a free gift (not saying that's what would ALWAYS happen haha). And extra entries are always nice! :)
What a great giveaway.
I recently found your blog and I've read through most of it. Definitely a forever-follower.
I've never hosted a giveaway but it seems easiest and fairest to have only followers participate.
I like the extra entires idea for posting on their blog but I feel it invites people to just stop by for the giveaway, to not enter and not become a follower.
I say this because you generally link directly to a giveaway, someone will see its only for followers and then close it out or become a follower and then stop following when the giveaway is over.
I love your blog!! new follower here, and your are absolutely beautiful :) so kind of you to host this giveaway
xx elle
prep-a-holic.blogspot.com
If it were my giveaway I would say only offer to readers. I think giveaways are a great way to reward your current readers and bring more readers to your blog.
elephantstrunk42@gmail.com
i went through these same shenanigan thoughts for my first giveaway. i wanted to make everyone happy, but so true- it's not really fair. butttt this is a GENIUS giveaway, and i would love to win.
e.day!
heyeday {at} gmail {dot} com
happy thursday, friend!
i went through these same shenanigan thoughts for my first giveaway. i wanted to make everyone happy, but so true- it's not really fair. butttt this is a GENIUS giveaway, and i would love to win.
e.day!
heyeday {at} gmail {dot} com
happy thursday, friend!
Post a Comment