1.14.2011

PMS + buys of the day

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

In case you were wondering, YES it's that time of the month. You girls know what I mean.
Do you ever feel so frustrated that you have to let everyone know how angry you are? For the few guys who read this blog, either stop reading this post right away or be prepared for a little hate note against you. Not you individually of course, just your gender. I'm not a huge feminist or anything but BOY does this piss me off.  WHY do WE girls have to go through the crappy stuff while guys get to sit around and watch football? WHY do they have a better metabolism then us? why do WE get knocked up? Not to mention that we have to endure childbirth which must be a pain -not in the butt- but in the VJ. (Excuse the graphicness by the way). Oh and on top of that we can't even drink. What IS that?! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure pregnancy is awesome, I mean, isn't such a good excuse to eat donuts all day long? But then the part where we actually have to give birth gives me the hibbie jibbies. I think I'll ask for a good dose of morphine. Back to my complaining . Why do we get cramps? Right now I feel like someone is ripping my uterus apart. THANK YOU Mother Nature, THANK YOU for blessing us with such a nice monthly gift.
I'm done! Thank you for listening Blog.
Moving on to the good stuff. PMSsing also has its perks. It's a good excuse not to ever get up and to boss everyone around. My momma even gave me this little necklace. Ain't it precious? Also bought that face powder. Which to me looks a little cool. Oh and I got that little agenda for free at CVS. Love free stuff. Everyone does, I know, but I like the useless stuff too, like little pins that say "Chuck Norris's beard can grow a mustache". In other words, junk. But what can I say, I like junk. 
The chocolate bars are obviously for cravings. The Oranges & Cream one was heavenly. 
Oh mama this post is long. Better get back to my chocolate now.

44 comments:

Amanda Moury said...

Can I just say that when I have PMS - my family knows to stay away from me :) I loooove Godive chocolate AND Covergirl! I use their bronzer and I just love it! Actually I need to get more, thank you for reminding me :) Happy weekend new friend!

Leigh said...

Hahahaha.
For me it's mainly Pimples May Surface and Pardon My Sobbing.
<3 Leigh
kate-and-leigh.blogspot.com

My Heart Blogged said...

Oh my gosh I'm totally with you girl. I get horrible cramps. I feel like all I have eaten for the past few days is chocolate, and things covered in chocolate. I have a cold right now too so my poor boyfriend has to deal with me. Guys have it so darn easy.
My Heart Blogged

Unknown said...

Amen sister!
~Giselle
http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

Gertrude said...

100% right .. I had what you're feeling yesterday and I was sooo in pain. Hope you feel better soon hun! x

Kileen said...

i totally commiserate with you on the PMS! and i'm still happy being a girl cause we get to play with makeup! :)

cute and little

Katie in Colors said...

I have such screwed up hormones, that I PMS for like 3 weeks...literally. It's so freaking awesome. Trying to fix it is difficult.

A couple of months ago, my boyfriend made some comment about me bitching about cramps... My response was that I wished he could experience it for one month, to which he responded that if he had to have pms and a period, that I would need to carry around balls for a month. Ha! As if it's even a comparison.

ratua said...

Funny! I think I am more Pass Me-The Sweets!

Suciô Sanchez said...

I'll get my coat.

India Rose said...

Can I just say I absolutely love your blog. So well thought out. From a fellow perfectionist, perfect! Following :)

Sands said...

And Pissed at Men Syndrome! Haha. I agree with you on everything though. That's why I carry my PMS card. Boy I do get violent when I have my period haha!

xo
Sealverland

Bart said...

lol so thats what pms stands for. great post, made me laugh

HettyA said...

Hahha, thank you for saying it (or questioning it) out loud for all of us!

And As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my twin baby girls, I now have tocophobia and do not want to get pregnant again. I think my hubby should do it this time! ;)

s|davis said...

Amen lovely! PMS Blows & it's totally not fair that guys dont have to deal with the things we do. JERKS! LOL

For every Lady Goodman. said...

great blog!

Theresa said...

Okay, first I'm going to say reading your blog always makes me happy for some reason, even if you are talking about the horrors of PMS (which I can DEFINITELY relate), your writing is just so upbeat! I love it!
I am now going to proceed to tell my boyfriend what a lucky bastard he is that he doesn't need to go through all this!

Edyy said...

pass the shotgun, that one is great

Kristen said...

I have to 110% agree with this whole post. I have often wondered why women get the short end of the stick in this whole biology thing. :p But even with all of that, I'm so glad I'm a girl. I would be the worst boy.

And yay for lovely little gifts & chocolate to get you this icky week!

Anonymous said...

You are just hilarious! I love it!!

Unknown said...

lovely vintage style pics. great! thanks for your lovely comment!

xxxx

B the mermaid said...

ha i so need to print this out and just hand it out when im pissed off and pms-ing. and yes i could do with some good chocolate right now.

mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com

Michaela said...

Oh this made me laugh! So true though, I feel like ranting sometimes about how we get all the bad luck!
http://haveyoueverfalleninlove.blogspot.com/

K said...

Amen to this post! I think the only benefit to pms is chocolate, shopping... but not much else.

Paola said...

answer:thank you so much!!! =D;)

www.paolinassapce.blogspot.com

Blogs said...

men {boyz} have it soooo easy! i hate this time of month....and now my 11.5 year old is dealing with it and soon my almost 7 year old will be there someday! who ever made this happen to us sucks! these last few months were rough,....i mean chocolate candy bars rough! ughhh!

Gawgus things... said...

Ha, ha! My better half reckons he has my 'time of the month' written in his diary so he knows when to just shut up! Don't know what he's trying to imply...!

agent 0017/shay said...

awww feel better :( chocolate ALWAYS helps the situation, and just saying that your PMS always excuses eating loads of it :)

Dee Paulino said...

I hate that time of the month. I mean, who doesn't? I get extremely anxious, irritated, sad, happy, hyper. BIPOLAR. I feel like my last break up was due to my psm symptoms.

Michelle said...

haha i'm with you on that one!

looove that necklace, free stuff is boss lol

http://herecomesthesun13.blogspot.com

That Blond Guy said...

If you ever get really famous, your theme song should be your name, Lula, except sung to the tune of "Lola" by the Kinks. That'd be pretty sweet.

"That" time of the month. I know what you mean, girl:

Mid-January, I hate it.

E said...

cute necklace!!

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

Ana Sílvia Diniz said...

Love pics!
http://anasilviadiniz.blogspot.com/

Shay said...

HA! Oh Lula, if only I looked like you do in that picture when it is my time of month- jealous! You crack me up with all this pregnancy talk. I am looking to get pregnant soon and its not sounding so nice right about now! Your right, though, I just want the excuse to eat doughnuts and say I am eating for two!

Hope you feel better, friend! Have a great Sunday.

Isobel said...

hahaha! TELL ME ABOUT IT! I always come close to overdosing on panadol!

first time I started PMSing, I was 13 and shopping with my 3 friends. I got so angry at them and burst into tears in the centre of town. Not pretty

xxxxx
rosie

Marloes | The Style Sandwich said...

haha you are so right!

Analisa said...

Hahaha I love this post! All my money goes to chocolate around this time.

Unknown said...

Yes! I am a new follower (saw you at The Yellow House) and I am now obsessed with your blog. One guest post and a your PMS post and I'm obsessed. Well, I've got to go because I want to continue reading :)

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

daily mix LA said...

what a cute blog you have!!

Diana Mieczan said...

hahha That is such a good post. I also get really irritated during that time and one thing that helps is chocolate chip cookies. Btw: I really adore that necklace. Wish you a lovely Monday and I hope you will feel better soon:)
Kisses

Ps: love your blog

Mina said...

i love that necklace. its so simply romantic and delicate.
xoxo
mina

Chelsea said...

All I have to say is... this is amazing. Which in turn means you're amazing.

"I don't mind living in a man's world, so long as I can be a woman in it."

(;

Chelsea
Early to Rise

Barbi said...

You tell it girl! I am so there right now, and this post made me laugh out loud in the library (random desk guy glared at me). Chocolate is the best medicine. xox

Ashley said...

haha such a cute post - glad you got it all out. world marke has the best jewelry! LOVE that necklace! :)

Gemma said...

Godiva...YUMMY! Those are my favorite chocolate bars! Have you tasted the ones from Neuhaus? They're deliciously tempting as well!
xoxox

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS